FUN ON WHEELS UK takes your health and safety around the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously. We will continue to give Suffolk driving lessons during COVID-19 only in accordance with Government regulations and restrictions during this difficult time.
Appropriate PPE measures for carrying out driving tuition have been put in place. All those taking driving lessons with Fun on Wheels UK MUST comply with the following precautions, put in place for our mutual health and safety.
FUN ON WHEELS UK Driving Academy takes no responsibility for you or any of your contacts contracting Covid-19 as a result of having a driving lesson or towing training.
Face covering and disposable gloves
These are to be worn at all times during your driving lesson. All students should arrive for their driving lesson with their own. If this is not possible, we can provide them for you at a charge.
A wipeable seat cover will be used on your seat.
If you have had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days or have been in contact with someone who has any symptoms within the last 14 days your lesson or test will NOT take place.
We will call or text you to check this on the morning of every lesson. If you fail to answer your phone or respond to our text your lesson will not take place and you will be charged.
• Immediately before leaving the house for your lesson, you must wash or sanitise your hands for at least 20 seconds. This is in line with Government guidance.
• You MUST put on disposable gloves and a face covering just before getting into the car.
• Please make sure that you are wearing clothing which is suitable ie. covering as much of your body as possible, including arms and legs. Please also note that during your driving lesson windows will be down as much as possible to allow for ventilation. Please dress accordingly.
• Only bring with you what you need for your driving lesson. We regret that there is nowhere available to place or store bags or excess clothing.
Anything which you do need to bring with you and cannot keep on your person will need to be placed in a disposable bag for you to take away at the end of the lesson. This is to minimise contact as much as possible.
• We will assess whether you are well enough to start the lesson when we arrive to collect you.
We will have a conversation – standing at least 2 metres away - to see if you have any symptoms, before you get into the car,
Your temperature will also be taken. If it is above 37.5 degrees Celsius, your lesson will not take place. If we are not 100% happy with your situation, your driving lesson will not commence.
• Hand sanitiser will be available at all times.
• Your driving instructor will not shake your hand or share visual aids, pens etc. with you and will be minimising contact with you for reasons of mutual safety.
• Between lessons we will have cleaned down touch-points including:
• door handles inside and out
• windows and mirror controls
• seat and head restraints
• seatbelt and its connection
• gear lever
• steering wheel
• indicator and wiper stalks
• car keys
• any training resources
• Windows will be down as much as possible to allow for ventilation, so please dress accordingly.
• The air conditioning will not be in use.
• Clients’ parents, guardians or friends, will NOT be able to sit in on a lesson
• New clients will need their licence checked electronically through the appropriate Government website »
If it is your first driving lesson with us, you will need to bring with you the following, so that we can check your details:
i) your driving licence
ii) your National Insurance Number
We will not touch or take your licence from you.
• You must not remove any gloves or mask until you have got out of the vehicle at the end of the lesson. Disposable bags will be available if required.
• If using your own vehicle, the vehicle must be fully valeted on the inside.
• Your instructor will use a disposable seat cover.
• We will both be required to wear face masks and disposable gloves.
Please be aware that although you may be able to book a car and trailer test in England during some periods of the pandemic, this may not be the case in other parts of the UK due to differences in coronavirus restrictions.
FUN ON WHEELS UK Ltd Driving Academy Suffolk takes no responsibility for you or any of your contacts contracting Covid-19 as a result of having a driving lesson or towing training.